RegioStars Awards 2021 | Interreg 2 Seas pre-selection
The RegioStars Awards are a yearly competition, organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy. It aims at identifying good practices in regional development and highlighting innovative, EU-funded projects, which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions and project managers.
The competition is open for projects that have worked or are still working on one of these categories:
- SMART Europe: Increasing the competitiveness of local businesses in a digital world
- GREEN Europe: Green and resilient communities in urban and rural setting
- FAIR Europe: Fostering inclusion and anti-discrimination
- URBAN Europe: Promoting green, sustainable and circular food systems in functional urban areas
- TOPIC OF THE YEAR: Enhancing green mobility in the regions: European Year of Rail 2021
A panel of high-level academics in the respective fields will assess the submitted applications and select the winners. In addition, the public will decide on its own winner among the finalists through a public on-line vote and award the Public choice award to one of the projects.
The finalists will be invited to training sessions on communication as part of the European Week of Regions and Cities in October 2021.
The winners in the five categories, and the winner of the public choice, will receive their well-deserved price at the festive RegioStars ceremony, to take place in Dubrovnik, Croatia on 2 December 2021.
The winners of the five categories will also get a paid media partnership worth EUR 5 000.
5 candidates per Programme
Music to your ears? Do not hesitate and express your interest to join the competition. We can support the nomination of up to 5 Interreg 2 Seas projects. Our Managing Authority will make the final decision on which project(s) to submit for the RegioStars 2021 awards.
Here are the steps towards the RegioStars:
- Projects fill out and submit this form to express their interest in a RegioStars nomination by 25 March.
- The Joint Secretariat and the Managing Authority review the applications and select projects to enter in the competition (mid April).
- The selected project(s) continue to work on their applications and receive a support letter from the managing authority by the end of April.
- The lead partners of the selected project(s) submit the final application through the RegioStars platform by 9 May.