RegioStars Awards 2023 | Interreg 2 Seas pre-selection
The RegioStars Awards are a yearly competition, organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy. It aims at identifying good practices in regional development and highlighting innovative, EU-funded projects, which could be attractive and inspiring to other regions and project managers. From 2023 onward categories will be linked to the policy objectives of the 2021-2027 programming period.
The competition is open for projects that have worked or are still working on one of the 6 thematic categories:
1) A COMPETITIVE AND SMART EUROPE: Promoting innovative and smart economic transformation and regional ICT connectivity
2) A GREEN EUROPE: Promoting clean and fair energy transition
3) A CONNECTED EUROPE: Enhance mobility and connectivity
4) A SOCIAL AND INCLUSIVE EUROPE: Implementing the European Pillar of Social Rights
5) A EUROPE CLOSER TO THE CITIZENS: To foster the sustainable and integrated development of all types of territories and local initiatives
6) TOPIC OF THE YEAR: European Year of Skills 2023
The selection process will take place in two steps, with all finalists presenting their final pitch before a jury during the European Week of Regions and Cities in Brussels.
By 31 May 2023 you have to submit your application, including the endorsement letter by your Managing Authority.
A panel of high-level academics in the respective fields will assess the submitted applications and select the winners.
In addition, the public will decide on its own winner among the finalists through a public on-line vote and award the Public choice award to one of the projects.
The winners of the six categories will get a local communication campaign managed in cooperation with DG REGIO to promote the awarded activities in the region.
5 candidates per Programme
Music to your ears? Do not hesitate and express your interest to join the competition. We can support the nomination of up to 5 Interreg 2 Seas projects. Our Managing Authority is allowed to support the nomination of up to 5 Interreg 2 Seas projects.
Please fill out and submit this form to express your interest in a RegioStars nomination by May 1st.
Send your enquiries about the application process by email to: email@example.com .